Monday, October 25, 2010

Amy Winehouse Launches Collection For Fred Perry

0 comments
What is it with established designers getting input from cracked out messes? First Lindsay Lohan for Ungaro and now Amy Winehouse for Fred Perry! I don’t know about you, but I’m not about to take fashion advice from Amy Winehouse… unless I suddenly decide I want to look like a cracked out pirate or a cheap prostitute. In a recent interview with Harper’s Bazaar, Amy said she dressed like an “old Jewish black man.” If that’s not the perfect recipe for a fashion designer, then I don’t know what is.

Either way, Fred Perry decided it would be a brilliant idea to have Amy Winehouse create a collection, and Amy was just as surprised as you and me: “I was honored that they would even, like, ‘Do you want to come and do a line?’ Me, like, me?”

Amy is pictured at the launch party for her line on Thursday in London, where she performed a few songs including “Love is a Losing Game”, and wore a dress from her collection. Despite loving Fred Perry, Amy was too small to fit into his clothes, which started at a size 8. Her cracked out frame is a UK size 6 (one size bigger than a US 0), so she decided to expand her collection to include size 6, for skinny girls like her. Amy may be able to pull of her conservative stripper designs in these pictures, but would you ever wear them? … I actually kind of love the belted trench coat.


allvoices

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Vote Me

Make Money Blogging

seo

Open Directory Project at dmoz.org

Infolinks In Text Ads

analytics

stats