Friday, September 24, 2010

US Woman Teresa Lewis Execution

0 comments
US Woman Teresa Lewis Execution:Teresa Lewis execution reaches its final prospectus. She was found guilty of murdering her husband in 2002. Two accomplices in the murder was life in prison, each without possibility of parole. However, a final stay of execution of the call for 41-year-old Teresa Lewis was denied. She will be given a lethal injection Thursday night.
Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell said:
“Having carefully reviewed the clemency petition, the court decisions in this case and other relevant material, I find no compelling reason to cancel the sentence that was imposed by the district court and affirmed all the reviewing courts. Accordingly, I decline to intervene, and have not notified the counsel and family of his decision. “Teresa Lewis said: “I just want the governor to know that I’m very sorry, deeply from my heart. And if I could take it back, I would in a minute.”
Lewis, the first woman in the U.S. since 2005, who was executed. The first woman was executed in Virginia in 1912. In the claim, Lewis said that her low IQ has made her mentally incapable of appreciating her crime.

allvoices

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Vote Me

Make Money Blogging

seo

Open Directory Project at dmoz.org

Infolinks In Text Ads

analytics

stats